Music Banter - View Single Post - Pit bull ban a step closer
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
I'm not sure what you mean though, as far as the drug thing goes. You say you think they should remain illegal, but all you've given is reasons as to why they clearly should be legalized?
I explained that I think MANY drugs should remain illegal. Most of my arguments were referring to why they should be viewed differently. I do think that marijuana should be made legal, and I think that LSD-25, MDMA (ecstasy), and Psilocybin mushrooms should be allowed to be used in clinical situations and as medicine (decriminalize them not make them legal). These drugs need more research before we go off and make them over the counter however. Unfortunately the big bad DEA which has **** for brains declares them of no medical value... even though they clearly have shown benefits. MDMA is a powerful drug that has shown positive feedback on testing for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Anxiety among other things. Psilocybin mushrooms have been incredibly valuable in treating people with cluster headaches, something that some women have described as more painful than childbirth. LSD-25 has shown properties that help treat addiction to alcohol and tobacco among a whole array of unknowns. Personally it changed my life and who I am today. It made me a happier and more positive person. I can honestly say I am a better person for having experienced it. However, if not taken properly it can be dangerous. This is why I think these should be decriminalized, not made legal. Marijuana though? Give me a ****ing break.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote