Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #454 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

68 : Nice Price CDs

I remember these bastards from my youth.

So I get my first CD player and so now it's time to go out and fill it with the back catalogue of the bands I happen to be into. Judas Priest and Ozzy Osbourne were a couple of the first artists I did this with. and that's where I first came into contact with these fucking things.
So I pick up Screaming For Vengence & Blizzard Of Ozz. Both fine albums. The huge NICE PRICE sticker seems to be spot welded to the case , but thats OK because I have 2 great albums here. I open them up pull the sleeve out to examine it only to find all I have is a copy of the album cover that seems to have no lyrics , no pictures , no info , no sleevenotes.... Nothing. Just a catalogue telling me which REO Speedwagon , Foreigner , Boston and Journey albums I can buy. Well great , thanks for that.

And the biggest irony of all : They're not a fucking nice price at all. they're about a quid less than a brand new release.

Fucking Sony.

I think cut-rate CD's in general should be included. Bastardized covers, that damn "CD-Rom" logo covering up the artwork, etc. Heck, stickers on the cases in any scenario. As you said, they're impossible to get off.