Music Banter - View Single Post - This generation isn't stupid, we're just different.
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #44 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

This is sorta true, there were always bull****ters from the beginning of time and in the end it's really up to the listener/reader to decide what to believe. The internet gives many more people a false sense of security to say what they want without any repercussions. The same thing can be said for the recording technology today... anybody can make an album and put it through iTunes. Fortunately it still needs to be screened and accepted before hitting the radio... even though I wonder who the hell is screening half the **** that's on the radio.

I went through most of my education without using the internet as a learning tool, I pretty much only used it to goof around. Now I use it for both... but kids growing up today need to be extra careful how they use it. Not sure how teachers are handling research situations but I would like to think they still make children use the library up until they can understand how to properly use the internet. It's great to actually feel the pages of a book as you learn something... before I learned non-linear video editing I was taught how to edit 16mm film on the old steenbecks as well as tape to tape linear editing. This was a great way to learn discipline and appreciate the art of editing... non-linear kind of loses that in a way although it makes editing so much more easier. I guess the same can be said for learning from a book as opposed to reading it on a computer screen.

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 08-28-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote