Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #263 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Yeah, but Obama is in the same boat.
Alot of people are going to vote for him simply because he would be the first black president, and if someone starts pointing fingers at me and yelling "racist", I'll e-murder you.

McCain is stupid, and Obama is inexperienced.

We're screwed either way.

The whole "experience" thing is a smokescreen:

How Good Are Experienced Presidents?

All other things being equal, yes, I'd rather have the candidate with more experience...but I'm not going to vote for someone who's against me on almost every major policy simply because they're experienced.

And re: the two party system; our system of voting is seriously flawed. The "one vote, one person" method all but guarentees that the two-party system will prosper. IRV voting, approval voting, and (preferably) range voting are all superior alternatives. None are perfect, but all encourage multiple parties and greater diversity.

There is really no good defense for the two party system. It cannot represent all views, no matter how generalized. In the end, because of the primaries and the "winner takes all" plurality vote, we inevitably end up with two uninsipiring candidates.