Music Banter - View Single Post - Punks who hate on Straight edge
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #42 (permalink)
SlayeReyalS
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiff upper lip View Post
Recently I was doing sound at a Punk/Hardcore/Metal gig when a hard core band came on, they got hasseled pretty bad from some punks in the crowd... when asking around for the inside gossip I was in formed they were being heckled cos they were all straight edgers in the band..... is it not a part of punk philosophy to stand up for individualism? are they not just having the exact attitude that punk is against?
don't except any punk nowadays to know anything about what punks believe in. they're just doing it to feel like rebels. punks go off about how their music is noisy and irritating because they don't care about what people think about it they just want to make music for themselves.... and then they bash on grindcore because "all it is is noise." suddenly, no valid point or opinion exists in the punk way of life.

"yeah i don't conform to the products of society, that's why i bought this shirt that says 'I Don't Conform To The Products of Society' from a sale at Hot-Topic, that's where all my punky punkster friends hang out, and we make fun of those STUPID-ASS juggalos who look like lame-asses with their stupid hair and stupid make-up and stupid clothing!! it's all so stupid!! like what are they trying to prove, really?! and where the hell did they get that retarded ICP shirt, really?!? note to self: stay the HELL away from THAT store! hahaha!! but of course we didn't say any of that to them we just thought about it to ourselves, we were terrified that the juggalos might kick our asses, and so we ran away like little girls. what do you think about my new mohawk?? see i had to get a mohawk because all of my punk friends were telling me i wasn't punk because i had no mohawk, so i had to prove to them how punk-rock and non-conformist i really was, so i got a mohawk! now i just gotta make it blue, that way they can't tell me im not punk-rock because my mohawk isn't blue! i've totally got this punk-rock thing down!! once those other punk-rock kids can't find a way to say im not punk-rock, ill be totally punk-rock!! and i can do it all before monday, when i have to attend school for my education, which is TOTALLY USELESS man school is so bogus, but my parents are making me so yeah, gotta go every day. man society is total bull man, anarchy all the way."
SlayeReyalS is offline   Reply With Quote