Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone have any infectious pop confection recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
zekethefreak
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergrover View Post
Hi! I'm looking for some album recommendations. I'm looking for stuff in the indie-pop/rock range that is extremely infectious, or "pop confections" so to speak. Buelah, the Cardigans' "Life", Apples in Stereo's "Funtrick..." come to mind. But stuff that doesn't get too pretentious or experimental or cheesy sounding. It doesn't all have to be positive and upbeat, it can be bittersweet as well. The Apples later albums just sound like the Beatles... same with Of Montreal. Just good solid indie pop/rock that has good pop-sensibility. Thanks!!

I tend to use eMusic.com to discover and download, but I still haven't found material that surpasses the artists I mentioned... (bands that show up in the "like artist suggestions" for example)

If you want an Indie Pop/Rock group that has great pop sensibility, check out STARS, from Canada. I have only heard "NIGHT SONGS" all the way through, but it is fantastic. I have been very slow to completely warm to a lot of Indie Rock, because of the lack of catchy Pop sensibility... STARS was a definite exception.

Oh, and Mew... I like their sound. Infectious from listen one.