Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 06:18 AM   #381 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

I'm new to these forums so I feel like showing some of my tastes. This is a pretty random list but I love every song on here. Not my top 10 of all time, as that would take extensive thought.

Tuff Ghost - The Unicorns
Not the most amazing lyrics, but I gravitate towards good music. Lyrics to me are just a bonus if they are good. In other words, I cannot be sustained solely on lyrics.

Teeth Like God's Shoeshine - Modest Mouse
One of my favorites off my favorite album by them. Great guitar work.

Around The World / Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk
I listened to ALIVE 2007 with my friend when we smoked every day for like 2 months... Great great techno.

Bushels - Frog Eyes
This one is definitely a grower. Its so epic and Mercer's vocals are great.

Only Shallow - My Bloody Valentine
I thought they were an emo band when I first heard the name... But this song is so great. Its hard for me to explain really...my favorite off Loveless.

2+2=5(The Lukewarm) - Radiohead
The pacing of this song is great. Typical Radiohead.

Modern World - Wolf Parade
It was hard to pick this one from the numerous great songs off their debut album, but I chose this one.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
Candidate for my favorite song by them. It's really interesting with the whole history too.

Born Under Punches(The Heat Goes On) - Talking Heads
I just love how all the parts add up to the whole with this one.

For Reverend Green - Animal Collective
I'm not the biggest animal collective fan in general, but I love this song. However I do think Strawberry Jam is their best and if things keep going this way it may change my mind.