Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #1016 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I don't think that Man City will automatically become a top 4 team just because money is going to be chucked their way but why should'nt the blue half of Manchester have some optimism for a change? They have been living in United's shadow for far too long and at last it seems like a few teams might be able to start challenging the top 4. Do you know how boring it is to see the same 4 teams at the top all the time.

Those teams have been almost goading the rest of the premiership to break that monopoly. Now that there could be a chance of that at last and unfortunately, a certain amount of money is neede for that to happen you cannot just rely on your academies. The top 4 don't. In fact out of the top 4, it is only (yuk, vom etc) Man u who bring players through but this is becoming less frequent.

The money that has and is coming into the game has been to the detriment of many academies which is a shame for football.

I say good luck to Man City and I hope they still keep a core of their academy players (Richards, Johnson etc) but if it means sacrificing these to gain major success, then unfortunately the money will win.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote