Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #384 (permalink)
SammyJay
Sam

1. The National-Slow Show-It's indescribable how good this song makes me feel. The lyrics describe a lot of the feelings I've had recently.

2. Nas-N.Y. State Of Mind-The most poetic rap song ever written. My day feels incomplete if I don't hear this song.

3. Radiohead-Life In A Glass House-Great song. Amazing use of horns. Kind of a loungy feel. I love it.

4. Van Morrison-Sweet Thing-The lyrics in this song are great, to say the least. I can't even describe how much I love this song.

5. The Kinks-Love Me Till The Sun Shines-Ray Davies only makes one demand in this song: "You just have to love me till the sun shines." Such a great song.

6. Wilco-I Am Trying To Break Your Heart-Quite possibly the best lyrics ever written, in my opinion.

7. Leonard Cohen-Joan Of Arc-Great love song. Leonard Cohen knows how to write great lyrics.

8. Elliott Smith-St. Ides Heaven-This song takes the top spot for my favorite Elliott Smith song. Although, that changes quite a bit. It's hard to pick a favorite.

9. Roxy Music-The Thrill Of It All-Great song. Just..listen to it. That's all I can say.

10. Television-Marquee Moon-This is the ultimate song. Great lyrics, great guitar, great everything...
SammyJay is offline   Reply With Quote