Music Banter - View Single Post - “Hello. My name is Baltazar. I am a pop music hater”
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Baltazar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
I don't think anyone's going to be defending being anti-homosexuals but you just have to remember that artists like that represent only a small minority of black music, and admittedly this isn't helped at all by the media.
I accept that. In the same way that East German Nazi rock bands represent only a small minority of white music. I also suspect that many people attack it -- black music with homophobic lyrics -- not because they're oh so concerned about homosexual rights but because they want to attack black people.

Quote:
You like Bob Marley? Exodus is essential if you haven't heard it already.
Very much, and no I haven't. I knew this would happen: too much to listen to. But I'll work through it slowly - do my homework - and report back for fresh instructions. Thank you.

I can’t be the first person to land on this forum and ask for help? I had a quick search but couldn’t find an obvious ‘Yoof Culture for Dummies’ thread. But if they do exist a link would be good so people don’t have to go over old ground.