Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Beatles album?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #165 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

I agree with your base contention too that to claim one song is the best is purely an objective statement of fact and not an opinion.
For example when shuan ryder sings twisting my melon man he is not in fact having an actual melon been twisted but is in fact singing exactly thus.
Yet all my letters to him have gone without proper reply and my various correspondence with his record company have only concluded that his phrase 'twisting my melon" is not in fact a statement of fact but merley his observation and therefore my case for compensation will be taken no further.
It just irks me when artists claim such things so much.
Bowie still owes me for claiming that a starman is waiting in the sky but 25 years on he still hasn't come to meet me.
His lawyers say he was talking allegorically which I take issue with on four different points which I will tell you after I have finsished writing my letter of complaint to the record company of oasis for claiming they were the best band in the world in 96 when I have serious contentions that during the era known as britpop a band calling themselves U2 were in fact a far better example of the best band in the world and I am yet to get a conclusive repsonse.
It just irks me so much you know.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote