Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #709 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

42 : Idiots Who Suddenly Announce That They Like My Favourite Bands

It doesn't happen too often as I have a lot of respect for most of the people who post here *cough*. But there have been times when someone will come along with no taste whatsoever and then suddenly out of the blue claim that the love The Fall or whoever. I should be happy that someone else loves the bands I do but the reality is my first thought is 'Oh God , now i'll have to deal with that pain in the arse everytime I want to talk about a band I love'.
Sorry but there's a hierarchy involved. You don't just jump from Coldplay or Muse or U2 to The Fall , you earn it. when you have a basic knowledge of the bands of the time and opinions on other post punk albums and have shown me you've actually LIVED with these albums then maybe i'll take you seriously. Learning a few things of wiki and having the same generic opinions of the same generic albums will not convince me otherwise.

Selfish & elitist ? ... Fuck yes , but I never claimed I was the nicest person around.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote