Music Banter - View Single Post - Hall Of Fame: Induction Thread Number 1
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Minstrel
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
My problem was more this: you originally said he didn't produce enough music and his music wasn't good enough given the length of his career. Which is fine but then you turned around and said yes to several artists with even shorter careers. Which is completely hypocritical.
I really can't even understand your complaint here. You correctly stated my position:

"he didn't produce enough music and his music wasn't good enough given the length of his career."

Yet you seem to be completely missing the bolded part.

There's nothing hypocritical. Those "'several artists" were good enough given the length of their careers.

I don't understand what the confusion here is. There are two components: length of career and quality of the music. If one is smaller, the other must be higher, in order to be worthy.

Led Zeppelin, Joy Division and Wu-Tang Clan (the bands you highlighted) had far superior music to Elliott Smith, in my opinion. Therefore, they could get away with similar or shorter career lengths.

What's hypocritical about that?