Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Trance Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Give me one artist that uses the type of samples and composition that 1200 Micrograms and GMS use.
Check out Heroes of The Imagination, Magic Numbers, The Time Machine.
Oh c'mon, dude, I listened to some songs on Youtube and it's the same exact **** as every other Psytrance group out there. If you want some actually original Trance try some of the early 90s stuff that came out of Frankfurt, a lot of it is really hard-hitting, but some of it is just as melodic, epic, and a lot more interesting than stuff around today). There's a reason why guys like Sven Vath and all the early Trance pioneers have moved on to Techno and other genres (some of them even refuse to acknowledge that they ever made Trance), 99% of Trance these days was already done 10+ years ago by Oakenfold and that bunch.

Also, I realize these last two posts make me sound like "that guy" who always condescendingly (and annoyingly) recommends you something other than what you asked for, but I honestly think that Trance these days is garbage and really not worth listening to at all. It's a genre that simply hasn't progressed in years, enjoyable for some people, yes (personally I don't think there's enough E in the world to get me to like this stuff), but original it is not.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote