Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #415 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

OK I have had given Waspstars comp a run through. Initial thoughts:

Razor Dance- Richard Thompson. Vocals reminded me of David Byrne a little which is no bad thing. However it did'nt blow me away. 'twas Okay.

Tell Me, Momma- Bob Dylan. Never heard this before. Very good tune. Enjoyed it a lot.

Mad, Mady Judy- Buzzcocks. I still need to get the first three albums as I only have their singles album. Great track.

Straight Jacket- The Attractions. Very indicative of it's time. Nothing to blow me away.

Hold On- Steve Jones. I remember when this album came out and hating everything about it. My opinion still has'nt changed

Swargmitha- The Aidenn Trilogy. Whilst sounding a little like The Cure and being fairly unoriginal, I like this big time. I will have to find some more by them.

Penna State Line- Pupa's Window.Unsure about this one. It teeters perilously close to the sort of banal mid tempo acoustic number that I don't like.

Reno, Nevada- Richard & Mimi Farina. The backing vocals eventually killed my liking this track.

The Wheel & The Maypole- XTC. One of the best U.K bands, criminally overlooked by the general public. Top band.

The Train From Kansas City- The Shangri-Las; Amazing piano riff, a perfect vocal, and for a 60's pop song, the lyrics aren't all that bad.

You said it as well as I could.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote