Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Guitars
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfa View Post
really? i thought the studio was a worse version. guess i should go back through that............

and yea.....altho someone said that might be on purpose because its a shredder thing to have frets screwed with like that.

but even with their QA going down, LPs are still one of the best guitars around
Frets screwed with how exactly?

And I should point out that LPs currently ARENT the best guitars around. I have played more than enough Les Pauls, including enough LP studios and standards, to inform you of this:

Gibson are selling on name only right now. If they were a new company selling guitars, they'd be out of business in weeks. LTDs, Ibanez, Cort, Maverick etc etc etc, are all making guitars that are twice the guitar of most gibsons, for a third of the price or less.

Look elsewhere and you'll be very surprised how much better things can be. I would definitely reccomend having a look at Carvin. They're ahybrid of custom shop and standard guitar company. YOu can order anything you want from them as long as its available in their options lists, and its still at a very good price. I configured a 'dream custom' from them and it was still half the price of most gibsons. And it would have been miles better in quality.

----------------
Now playing: Alexander Prievert - Castlevania 2 Bloody Tears Inspired OC ReMix
via FoxyTunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote