Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

90: The death of wacky sports games

Why did this genre die out? These kinda games were really popular in the 90s, and they were awesome. Those were the sports games I really liked. Why do people prefer to keep buying another emulation of something they could easly do in real life over and over again?

I don't care much for sports, but throw in some kickass robots or mutants and you got my attention.

I hate that people are so concerned with how realistic sports games today need to be. You play one Madden football game and you've played them all. Haven't they learned that the best games of any genre tend to be the ones that aren't realistic?

You know what my favorite sports game is? NBA jam, because you could do kickass sh*t like throwing a ball so fast it catches fire. Seriously, why do sports games have to be all about perfectly emulating the real sport, can't they exagerate just a little bit? It's a damn video game, take advantage of that fact for crying out loud.

Until they bring back the robots and mutants I couldn't care less about next gen sports games.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote