Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

88: EGM

Just how wrong can one game magazine be? EGM is the obvious answer.

If this was in order this would be number 2 or something.

When this magazine makes a list of the most overrated games ever and it consists almost exclusively of Sega and Rare games, you know you're dealing with some really stupid fanboys. EGM are just the best example of why video game critics aren't actually, you know, critics. Just some blind fanboys giving the most useless kind of consumer advice imaginable and somehow getting paid for it.

Take my word for it, DON'T LISTEN TO VIDEO GAME CRITICS.

Theres absolutely nothing that makes their opinion more valid then yours. Unlike music and film critics, who actually ARE critics, it dosen't require any basic understanding of what this form of media is all about, all these guys know is their history, and by that I mean they quote Wiki a lot.

EGM are just the worst, they hate on any remotely original game with a cult following. Because they don't understand why games get praised for you know, being different, and for not being exactly the same as the overrated piece of sh*t shooters and action games they hand A ratings out to like candy.

I understand a gaming magazine has more fuctions than just reviews. But why pay to get your gaming news coverage when you can get it free on the internet, especially when you have to suffer through a lot of biased bullcrap for it.

EDIT: These were the same assh*les who spread the Sonic in Melee rumor that turned out to be false, so my hate for them is also personal.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote