Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #351 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCal View Post
You know, surprisingly enough, there is a school of thought that actually combines the two theories...

If i might be allowed to quote from (thump?) my Bible?

'But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day;' -- 2 Peter 3:8, NASB

i believe in both. i believe God made it all ~ i just don't believe that we can presume to know how long a day is to a Being that is beyond the bounds of time.
No the term day as well as year are translated to be the equivalent of modern measurements. The original translation uses terminology that translates to sunset, so obviously that's a day. The Bible is of course completely fictional, there is of course NO GOD, or that is to say all religions are wrong. Could there be a superior being of course, was Jesus his son, of course not, are religious people liars, of course.

Religious nuts have tried to interpret their way out of the bibles horrible historical inaccuracies and it's awful sexist, hateful and homophobic passages, but in the end it is what it is, a fictional book written by a bunch of narcissistic sociopaths who lived in a cruel, barbaric and ****ed up world. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote