Music Banter - View Single Post - My list of "100 things that annoy me about music"!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #200 (permalink)
Cobe Kai
i is a gud righter.

Youtube videos
The videos people post on youtube from their mobile phones

This one really pisses me off. I go on youtube, searching for a music video or a good quality live recording of a band, and all I can find is this CRAP! Half a megapixel cameras that have recorded bands live, usually where you can only see the top half of the stage because so many people are in the way and the sound is reminicant of crumbling paper up, but its louder and distorted.

I'm guilty of posting videos of live performances to youtube, and sometimes the sound isn't the best, but I use a 10.1 megapixel digital camera to do it, so I save myself some dignity. For some examples of my work go to:

YouTube - ArmyofFreshmenFan's Channel

The sound quality is actually really good for my poor camera and make sure you press 'watch in high quality'.

But it's so annoying trying to find a good live video (because, in the words of Slash, you can't judge a band until you've heard or seen them live) and that's what I like doing. However people posting videos with low quality image, jumping around with the camera so you can't see anything and hearing little apart from the camera holder screaming is just a complete waste of space on youtube.

These videos are no more than spam. These people need to invest in a decent quality camera, if you want proof that you went to a gig, take some good quality photos and write a blog... don't show us your crappy sounding videos.

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote