Music Banter - View Single Post - Hall Of Fame: Induction Thread Number 1
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #98 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Led Zeppelin; Yes, I was obsessed with them in 9th grade, quality tracks, and their first 5 albums are very consistent

Joy Division; Yes, the fact that Interpol could completely lift their sound 25 years later and become a commercial success speaks volumes about their influence, nevermind the fact that the quality of the music on their 2 albums is very high.

Elliott Smith; Yes, one of the best singer/songwriters of the 90's

The Beatles; Yes...okay, when I first joined I voted no to their induction, because I was ignorant to the format of the site, and assumed this was just another forum where Beatles nerds attend Ringo Starr concerts and masturbate to John Lennons "Two Virgins" album. I was tired of the incessant Beatles pandering. However, I have since learned that the users of this site are quite knowlegable, and merely masturbate to the cover of The White Album.

King Crimson; Yes, the fact that they can make a prog album that I actively enjoy makes them a great band to me.

Wu-Tang Clan; N/A been meaning to give a listen but havent got around to it.

The Velvet Underground; Yes, any band flexible enough to write "Sunday Morning", "Sister Ray", and "Sweet Jane" and have such a massive influence for the next 40 years deserves to be in 100%.