Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

i don't buy into the idea of a specific 'god', but i do believe there is a lot more to me than my body.

my basic philosophy boils down to this, 'in order to be anything, one has to be everything, or one is nothing'. as such my body is little more than a metaphysical refracting point for my own specific existence, a reflection of all the light of the universe as refracted through my parents at the time of my conception.

from my perspective the individual human beings are little more than cells within the whole of the species and it's the ego that feeds the fear of the ultimate unknown of death and drives their desire to want more and strive to be 'right' for the reward of immortality.

the complexity of our universe is an outward reflection of the complexity of our thoughts. we are the ones who create more complicated ways of considering ourselves and our surroundings thereby expanding ourselves and our universe. i guess it's not that i don't believe in 'god' but that we are as much part of it as it is a part of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote