Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #930 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

26 : RUSZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

People criticised my inclusion of Canada in my list but you have to admit there must be some truth in it if the first band people think of naming as a great Canadian band is a Led Zeppelin tribute act with a smurf for a lead singer. Had Rush been American or British they would be way down the bottom of the list for anyone listing great bands for that country.
I realise that during the 80s they moved away from the whole smurfy Led Zeppelin vibe , I just don't really care as I just find their music excruciatingly dull. I don't really see why they're considered progressive....
Well actually I do see why they're considered progressive. When you strip it down Rush basically playing middle of the road cock rock without cock rock lyrics and splashing loads of keyboards on it , which to your average knuckle dragging classic rock fan is probably the most musically daring they get.

Rush ... Fuck em

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote