Music Banter - View Single Post - American football, baseball, basketball is crap
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
Lets face it, american football is not football at all.
Football is football played to feet with a ball.
American football is a tv advert break game so boring in every way played by men on steroids wearing more armour then medievil knights. Rugby players don't wear armour.
Baseball is in fact a girls game called rounders that the girls in the UK play while the boys go off to play proper football.
Basketball is just up one end score a basket....down the other end....score a basket..etc etc. The only interesting bit is the last ten seconds.
You never get real atmosphere like a great football matches either. You never get a real great atmosphere like when west ham beat man u at old taffford.
Like Homer says in the Simpsons when he aint drinking "I never realised how boring this game is."
And the Americans call one of their cups the world series when noone else plays there sports.
I put up for debate that American sports are just stupid.
That's why other then basketball noone plays them.

No atmosphere at all. Just eat food and get bored.
At football matches you get a real feeling that something may kick off.
You get a real end to end free flowing game.
You get constant stimulation.
I put it to you all in America that you should not even call it American football as football is football and your sports are just dull.
Discuss.
Wow. Youre a mess guy. The World Series is played in baseball, and in fact Canada plays it as well. Out of the three sports you repeatedly name, basketball is the least favorite sport by Americans at the present time.
Do you play Hockey in UK? Or do you lack on contact (man) sports?
Do you have Kimbo ****ing Slice? Or Mr. Ill swim to the UK just to slap your ass Phelps? Ill give you rugby and thats all youll get out of me. Soccer is a ****ing girl sport. Filled with a buncha high school drama class drop outs, who cant wait for the first opportunity to fall on the ground and cry until the yellow comes out and magically heals the player. Sure in our football we wear pads and helmets and such but its because they actually need them, b/c unlike your tip-toed fairies, our players play with their heart and sacrifice their bodies for the sport.
Maybe if you liked some of our 'dull' American sports, you could win the Olympics some year.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."