Music Banter - View Single Post - What are your top ten radiohead songs?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

1. Life In a Glass House:
The clarinet line is to die for, Yorke's voice is beautiful, a perfect song.
2. No Surprises:
Possibly the best melody ever, wonderfully bittersweet, plus incredible, incredibly depressing lyrics, made all the more so by their strangely cheerful delivery.
3. How To Disappear Completely:
Beautiful song, with the seemingly out of place acoustic guitar adding to the feeling of total alienation.
4. Pyramid Song:
This is a beautiful piano ballad with great lyrics wonderful sound effects that you've got to hear for yourself to really understand.
5. The National Anthem:
This one is pure, unadulterated chaos, with a great bass line and insane horns.
6. Airbag:
What a great riff, love the cello also. I'm still not sure what the lyrics to this song are, but regardless, the vocal melody's great.
7. Just:
This song is really powerful, the riff, the lyrics, the vocals, everything.
8. A Wolf At The Door (It Girl. Rag Doll):
Wow, the only way to describe this song is an incredibly strange mix of Nick Cave and classic Radiohead. But that's just the beginning. The only thing I can say is, whether or not you like Radiohead, give this a listen.
9. All I Need:
This is the only song from In Rainbows I really love, the melody's beautiful and the instrumentation is more layered than anything else on the album.
10. Everything In Its Right Place:
Sometimes this is my favorite RH song, sometimes I find it unlistenable. Regardless, I can't deny the incredible synth line and haunting refrains.

Last edited by ProggyMan; 09-21-2008 at 09:46 PM.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote