Music Banter - View Single Post - The Soul Cellar
Thread: The Soul Cellar
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Clamz
Groupie

more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkie Clamz
Eccentric Soul -- The Tragar & Note Labels

Same idea as the first eccentricl soul compilation above, but these are two labels from Georgia from back in the day. this one is considerably longer, also. Some good stuff.
-http://lix.in/-264f78 (be warned, took a good 40 minutes for me to load)
Quote:
Eccentric Soul - Mighty Mike Lenaburg

-http://www.sendspace.com/file/qa1lcr
Quote:
A blistering collection of funk, hard-charging r&b and psychedelic soul from the Phoenix scene -- amazing singles issued mostly in the late 60s and early 70s and spearheaded by producer Mike Lenaburg -- and a great portrait of a too-long neglected funky southwest! Mighty Mike Lenaburg produced records for Phoenix area acts on a half dozen label imprints such as Homogenized Soul, Out Of Sight, Mighty and Darlene. The sound throughout this collection has for the most part a heavy bottom end of funky drums, chiming-and-chugging guitar and vocals that range from gritty soul howling to more of a harmony approach. There's some killer funky flute and soulful psych from Michael Liggins, tight funky soul from Lon Rogers, positively pummeling numbers from Ronnie Whitehead and much more. The Numero Group continues to raise the stakes with their amazing Eccentric Soul series -- telling a culturally significant story, and just as importantly, assembling flat out perfect listening experiences! 17 tracks in all: "Too Good To Be True" and "My Girl Is A Soul Girl" by Lon Rogers & The Soul Blenders, "Standing On The Corner", by Michael Liggins, "Loaded To The Gills" and "Loaded Back" by Michael Liggins & The Super Souls, "I've Got To Have You" by Sheila Black, "Blending Soul" by Soul Blenders, "People, Open Your Eyes And See" by We The People, "Cold Feet" and "Begging You" by Ronnie Whitehead, "Funky Nightclub" by Soulsations, "The Quarrel" by Newly Weds and more!
NOTE: IT HAS BEEN MADE AWARE TO ME THAT THE FOLLOWING UPLOAD LINK (FOR THE PRIX LABEL COLLECTION) NO LONGER WORKS/ACTIVE. I SHALL TRY TO FIND ANOTHER ONE OR DO THE UPLOAD MYSELF ASAP-I APOLOGIZE
Eccentric Soul - The Prix Label

-http://www.sendspace.com/file/3u1724
Quote:
A glorious batch of unearthed soul and funk from the early 70s central Ohio scene -- the storming singles of Prix label -- culled from ultra rare 45s plus previous unreleased gems! Prix was the imprint started to release work captured at Columbus's Harmonic Sounds studios commercially -- pummeling funk, uptempo harmony soul, some heavy organ groovers and beyond -- work by the Royal Esquires, Eddie Ray, Joe King, Marion Black and others. Most of the tracks were cut in the first few years of the 70s -- at a time when when central Ohio was producing soul and funk as mighty as the bigger midwestern cities of Detroit, Memphis and Chicago -- standing just as tall even if it didn't get over as well in the marketplace! 19 tracks in all -- 11 of which were issued as Prix 45s in the early 70s, plus 8 more tracks that were never officially released -- culled from finished masters, demos and other studio material that was only recently discovered! Titles include "Wait A Minute", "You Got Me" and more by Eddie Ray, "Mystic" and "Mister Kidneys" by OFS Unlimited, "Speak On Up" and "Your My Everything" by Joe King, "Ain't Gonna Run" by Royal Esquires, "Listen Black Brother" by Marion Black, "Melon Jelly" by Soul Ensemble, "I'm Gonna Gitcha" by Chip Willis & Double Exposure and more, plus 4 "extended play" bonus tracks by Eddie Ray, Harmonic Sounds Band and Penny & The Quarters
Quote:
The following might be the strongest one of these yet. Just great from start to finish.

Eccentric Soul - The Deep City Label

-http://www.sendspace.com/file/p79xo9

Last edited by Clamz; 09-22-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Clamz is offline   Reply With Quote