Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for a certain sound
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
classylady
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
...Again, Yann Tiersen, quality stuff so far

EDIT - However, it does have quite a bit of French folk influence, easily identifiable by the use of use of traditional French and European instruments, such as the accordian for various songs.
As far as Yann Tiersen, I have to agree that I thought his work on the Amelie Soundtrack fit like a glove. It was most evident in the scene where Amelie is watching TV and learns of Princess Diana's Death. She drops a perfume bottle where it rolls towards the bathroom wall. In the midst of it's short journey, the bottle loosens a bathroom tile. When she picks up the bottle, she takes the tile out and sees the small metal box from the previous tenant. From there the music changes in structure from just an accordion and violin to include the xylophone, piano, and even a harpsichord in key moments (like the part where Amelie so embarrassed that turns into a huge puddle of water)...

Oh yeah, in the midst of that I wanted to point out that I think Yann Tiersen is a modern-day musical genius who seriously doesn't get the credit he deserves: At least on this side of the "pond."

My Friendster |My Space | My Bebo
Weight Loss Patch | Anti Aging Cream
classylady is offline   Reply With Quote