Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #1091 (permalink)
Grunge_Junkie
The War on Errorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Stengel View Post
Maybe where you live its different, but as I stated before, in Boston the "alternative" station is trapped in 1995, aside from the 2 nu-metal tracks and the white stripes and franz ferdinand being played occassionally.

I used to think like you too, right before WBCN switched to ramming AIC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Live, Candlebox, Temple of the Dog, Mad Season, etc. down my throat.

Youll get it eventually, I think you have the right mindset, being into Flipper and Scratch Acid and what-not. Just keep in mind that Grunge is slowly starting to be considered "classic rock", so while one could make a case arguing that bands like Pink Floyd are underground in the sense that 80% of dumb high school kids dont listen to them and havent heard of anything other than mainstream rap and pop, they are just as immensely popular today. Just like Pearl Jam
Yeah you are right. i guess i will get soon..but still i dont think its mainstream. but you guys all ways prove me wrong so yeah...
Grunge_Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote