Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #232 (permalink)
davew18
Groupie

...ok so... i would like to start off by saying thank you for the recomendations so far.

but i must ask were they a joke kinda like giving the newbie a hard time?

i was hoping to find good metal bands and after going threw the majority of those listed so far i have found mostly slow tap your foot tunes and most of them have next to nil` recording ability although i understand you can blame the producer on the behalf but it still has to go threw the bands ok but anyways back to the point.

some of the bands sounded like they werent even above garage band status, so i thought perhaps it was the compression of that file so i tryed others of the same song via youtube and songza and... and am thoroughly unimpressed.

all this is outside of tool ofcourse in which i own every album along with a perfect circle and pusifer...

it seams as if there is some dislike and unapreciation for metal here... and on my behalf i would like to stress that i am not "purely" a metal head i am also very much into bands such as...

assemblage 23

radiohead

apocalyptica

the art of noise

blue october

david bowie

dire straits

genesis / phil collins

madonna

the who, pink floyd, coldplay, so on blah blah yatta yatta i could list them forever but hopefully i have gotten my point across.

so no hate intended here not meaning to affend or anything so my apoligies if something may have came out wrong or misunderstood.
davew18 is offline   Reply With Quote