Music Banter - View Single Post - Why hello
Thread: Why hello
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 03:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Default Why hello

So my friends, how is it going?

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I'm posting on a board that many of you thought I might have abandoned and I will answer that with this next sentence. I have recently discovered the pleasant side effects of high doses of adderall to enhance focus and creativity. So, about once a week, I parachute (crush up and ingest orally) three 10mg pills and get to work. So, after churning out a beautiful 7 page paper on the origins of Globalism in Western Europe and an album review of the new Falconer album "Among Beggars & Thieves" (which is an excellent power metal/folk record, by the way) I have nothing left to do at 5:22 AM except peruse the internet. And lo' and behold my main hangout (SMNnews Forums - Powered by vBulletin) there was a thread about a U.S. Fall of Efrafa tour and I remembered that Sound Devastation was involved with the band. So, I came over here to shoot her a PM and figured, why not see what's up?

As you can probably tell from that much too long opening paragraph, a side effect of the amphetamine coursing through my system is that I am both verbose and detail oriented, so excuse my wordiness.

Anyway, I'm popping in to see what's going on with you guys. How's life? Mine is going well. I'm a recently initiated brother in the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity at James Madison University, I have a weekly radio show through the college station (WXJM 88.7), a 3.2 GPA after Freshman year, a girl who is essentially a red head Zooey Deschanel, a steady job (delivery driver for Jimmy Johns - a sandwhich shop) in which I make about 1.2k a month, and I've found a creative outlet through writing music reviews.

Musically, I've been listening to more of the same. Lately the new Cynic (which is awesome), Falconer - Among Beggars & Thieves, Krisiun - Southern Storm, Disillusion - Back To Times Of Splender, Burst - Lazarus Bird, etc. Mostly new stuff. 2008 has been great to metal!

For all you vets who remember me, how are things? Right-track, the kids well? Ethan, you still in the same music phase as when I left (haha)? Bill still banned? Mamagramr still jammin' the doom? Jibber still being hot and Canadian? Jesus, it's feels like it's been forever, and I'm sure it's mostly the high (not just chemical either, no way!) but I definitely miss this place in a weird way. Ben (A_Perfect_Sonnet) and I hang out all the time (he goes to JMU with me) and occasionally we'll meet someone who reminds us of a personality on here. Good times.

Oh, and as for anyone I've offended in the time I've spent here, I apologize. This is the internet and I use it as a means of venting. Don't take what I say to heart. Unless I tell you too.

--Ian

P.S. my radio show is Saturdays from 2-4 PM EST. Online listening link: here. Check it out to hear only the best in extreme metal!