Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 AM   #438 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

May as well try making one of these things, test the waters

This list doesn't really have a direction perse, just a whole bunch of random stuff, though it does seem a bit focused on Electronic/hip hop stuff. Anway...

In The Kingdom Of The Blind The One-Eyed Are Kings - Dead Can Dance
A personal favourite of the Australian darkwave/gothic/ambient/world band. Simple song sung by Brendan Perry, and I still love it. Haunting.

Les Bras De Mer - Yann Tiersen
From the album 'Le Phare' the song was written by and vocals performed by French songwriter Dominique A. Another fairly simple song, but quickly becoming a favourite, as I just recently got into Tiersen's work. A reference to his work overall is here, my first post of the thread. I particularly love the vocal work.

Mystery God - Fat Jon The Ample Soul Physician
Cincinnati Hip-Hop artist and producer, formerly of Five Deez, Fat Jon keeps a simple, solid beat throughout with overlays of various woodwind and brass instruments.

Reascension - DJ Frane
Interesting trip-hop sort of stuff with some nice sampling. Different to the rest of the album (Journey to the Planet of Birds) as it doesn't focus on sampling birds and nature sounds. Haven't fully made up my mind on it yet, but interesting none-the-less.

Son Of Mr Green Gene - Frank Zappa
Had to include one of my favourite jazz fusion artists From his best album, Hot Rats, a great piece.

Stella - Kashiwa Daisuke
Talked enough about it here

Stoney Street - Amon Tobin
My favourite electronic sampler out there. Quality stuff, with a jazzy back beat. Also some solid Drum'n'Bass Jungle beats throughout the album (Bricolage)

The Dawn (feat. Shawn J. Period)DJ Krush
From his much acclaimed album, Kakusei, a nice mix with orchestral base.

Vargtimme - Helios
Softer ambient electronic, nice to chill out to.

Ysabel’s Table Dance - Charles Mingus
Had to also chuck in stuff from my favourite composer From Tijuana Moods, YTD and Tijuana Moods is a little further removed from his more avant-garde big band stuff, but the use of different cultural sounds more than makes up for it.

NOTE – Apologies if the list isn’t in order… Don’t know if it compressed in the same way as I ordered…

MB list.rar
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote