Music Banter - View Single Post - Bridge intonation
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGuitar101 View Post
I would say you're greatly missleading people here.
You want everyone to think you're a mr know it all.
If they want to fall for that so be it.
But if the frets on cheap guitars are offset, it will cause the guitar to play out of tonation plain and simple. Guitar necks get miscut even when top CNC digital equipment is used time, and companies try and pull a fast one by sneaking it by. They don't want to loose a sale and the cost of the guitar. It happens all the time.
It's real easy for frets to be too high, or miscut during production. I guess you understand very little about the building of modern guitars my friend.
You just told someone to tune their guitars intonation entirely by ear. Your opinions from that point on were invalid to me because nobody has hearing that perfect, even those with perfect pitch.

As for 'the building of modern guitars' and so on, I probably have forgotten more about the various differences between guitars, both handbuilt and CNC cut, by many different processes than you have ever known. Not that that had ANYTHING to do with intonation AT THE BRIDGE anyway. From Carvins fully CNC fret presses, the various different methods of radiusing a fretboard or even compount radiusing. The use of Hide glues, all manner of guitar hardware from boutique pickups, dimarzio patents, scatterwinding active preamps midi systems peizo systems the effects of chambering and different body woods, exotic instruments and even crazy creations like the Tueffel Birdfish. I have done my research and know what I am talking about. When I do not know, I will happily discuss and make conjecture but I will NEVER say I know what I do not.

----------------
Now playing: Porcupine Tree - The Sound Of Muzak
via FoxyTunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 09-26-2008 at 06:45 PM.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote