Music Banter - View Single Post - Treefingers Project : Top Songs of each Decade
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Clamz
Groupie

Default Treefingers Project : Top Songs of each Decade

Well, I remember reading a few lists a while back from various critic publications like p4k (w/ their songs of the 60's and for a few years) and other ones. I thought it would be fun if we did our own version. It's easier and more obvious to do the album format, and I think it's been done to the death (to almost predictability), where as this one focuses on the craft and power of the song format.

Each person who wants to enter a list makes a list of songs of their favorite/personal-greatest for the decade we're working on. Each person submits it, and I'll do the tallying and we'll see how our overall list turns out. Should be fun, methinks, and get people to (perhaps?) listen to stuff they haven't heard before.

To encourage a range of talents from each decade, a max of ten songs per artist per list will be instituted (Sorry, beatles songs, you're list can't be hogged up by nothing but beatles tunes).

Each list should have at least 100 tracks in submitted order, but if you're inclined you can go all the way to 200 (i'm thinking). I have a point system set up and ready, i'll do all the tallying work, and we'll see which songs come up on the list as the favorites/greatest/essentials of each decade!

any further questions or ideas throw 'em at me.

we'll start with the 60's.
Clamz is offline   Reply With Quote