Music Banter - View Single Post - Masterpieces Of Hip Hop
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #56 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Sorry Luke but I have to agree with Janszoon on this one. I think this album was one of those crossover albums that melded an RnB asthetic onto a Hip Hop beat and unleashed a whole heap of trash on the world.

It is not solely responsible but this album definitely ushered in a new way of marketing Hip Hop methinks.
thats difficult to say, the 'r'n'b aesthetic on a hip hop beat' was big way before the fugees; the genres had been fusing since New Jack Swing (Janet Jackson's third album is a corker).
Thusly:

besides i'd sooner listen to something with some soul over this bait 'underground' stuff perpetuated by beardy white guys in hunting caps. But then again you'd probably find the Fugees in any self-respecting student/backpacker hip-hop collection. i mean they're not that great really are they? i'm still undecided on 'the miseducation of lauryn hill' though. Incidentally this is available in all CD megastores in the URBAN section (if it's got black people/lack of guitars/digital production it's urban, fyi)

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote