Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Essential Guide Poll: ***Blur***
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

I haven't listened to an enormous amount by them as i'm not a huge fan but what the hell.

Tracks:

1. Advert (Modern Life Is Rubbish): My favourite song by them, it's nothing life affirming but it's a lot of fun, and can get stuck in my head for days.

2. This Is A Low (Parklife): Gorgeous song, and so british it makes me want to weep Bovril.

3. Bank Holiday (Parklife): A proper knees-up of a song, must have been on speed when they wrote it.

4. Music Is My Radar (Greatest Hits): Sounds like the Gorillaz and i love the Gorillaz, nuff said.

5. Crazy Beat (Think Tank): A great garage rock tune, on that one at least who needs Graham?

Album:

Modern Life Is Rubbish: I do have to admit i think it's overated, but it's their best for sure, and home to some great pop songs.

Similar Artists:
Pulp: Knew their way around a good pop song too.
Suede: Vocal wise they're quite similar.... kinda. Another brillaint british band at the time.

I think album wise they're not all that, but i can't knock their ability for releasing brilliant singles. Their songs unite thousands, whether it's the pop of Girl and Boys or the rock of Song 2 are known by everyone. Props to them, unlike their peers they developed their sound as well.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote