Music Banter - View Single Post - Rank the bands you've seen live
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #125 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

of Montreal-10
They had balloons on sticks filled with glitter being popped over the audience. Need I say more? I get to see them again October 30, Im pumped.

MGMT-3
opened for of Montreal when I saw them. The sound was awful, they somehow managed to sound like a bad Sonic Youth cover band, which is hilarious if you're familiar with their studio output.

No Age-9
Put on a really intense show, lots of energy, these guys are great.

Abe Vigoda-8
Played with No Age, didnt know them before the show, but I really liked it.

Deerhunter-9
I first heard "Nothing Ever Happened" outside the venue (it was outdoors) played for their warmup. It gave me goosebumps. And then in the middle of their set some aging hipster told them they were boring and that they sounded like an REM cover band. I was pissed.

Black Lips-7
They were real energetic, but Im just not into their music. If I actually liked them they could have gotten a 9.

King Khan & the Shrines-10
If you ever get the chance, this guy puts on the best live show ever. They sound like punk rock James Brown, and the whole time he was exposing himself and others, recruting hobos with roller skates and american flags for capes to throw bananas at the audience, and overall, just being the best frontman Ive ever seen live. Meanwhile the keyboardist looks like hes withdrawing from opiates on stage, and throwing his disgusting shoes around. Fucking awesome.