Music Banter - View Single Post - For Fans of Pop Music
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
simplephysics
you know what it is

You're lucky I have an odd love for filling **** out.

What are your favourite genres of music? Who are your favourite bands/artists? I try not to limit myself, as long as it's good.

How many concerts do you attend per year?
Around 10 I guess. Little shows included.

Where/How do you find out about concerts?
Friends, interwebz.

For what reasons do you decide to attend a concert? What are the most important things that you consider in deciding to attend a concert? If I like the artist or not, also if it's dirt cheap I won't turn it down.

Where/How do you purchase tickets?
Ticketmaster if I think it will sell out, but usually when I get there.

Have you ever entered contests to win tickets to a concert? If so, what did you do to win the tickets? What would you do to win tickets?
Not that I can remember

What other activities do you do on the day of the concert (ie go out to dinner before the concert etc)? Smoke, drink. The usual stuff

Do you purchase tour merchandise? If so, what do you buy and where do you buy it? If it's cheap yea, $40 for a shirt just because it's made ou of old cans, **** off Thom.

Would you be interested in personalized tour memorabilia? For example, would you be interested in having your photograph taken at the concert and sent to you, or put on a t-shirt or on other merchandise? If so, what type of merchandise would interest you most? I really don't care enoughto go to those lengths.

Do you purchase food or beverages in the venue? What kind?
Waaay to expensive.

Do you belong to any official artist fan clubs (ie fan clubs that you pay a yearly fee to join and which give you exclusive access to content like pictures or videos)? Do you belong to any unofficial fan clubs? If so, which ones and what aspects of a fan club are most important to you?
Nooo.

Would the chance to win door prizes or enter raffles encourage you to attend a concert? Not really.

If there is an opening act, do you find out who the opening act is before you purchase tickets or attend the concert? Does the choice of opening act influence your decision to attend a concert or not and, if so, why?
Um no, I'm not there to see them. I sometimes do afterwards though, if I liked them enough.

Are you interested in signing up for alerts about ticket availability, artist news or concert cancellations when purchasing your tickets? By text message, by email, or by some other method? No thanks.

Are you interested in package deals (ie where you purchase transportation, parking, or food/beverage coupons along with your tickets)? If so, what would be included in your ideal package? Sounds like it would be too much anyways.

Would you purchase or enter contests to see the band’s sound check or to meet the band? Have you ever attended such an event and what would make you interested in attending one in the future?
Sure why not, my brother got to meet Melt Banana that way, it was just him and the drummers girlfriend during sound check when he was on vacation in Oreland.

Would you be interested in attending after parties at a local club after the show? Have you ever attended such an event and what would make you interested in attending one in the future?
Too young.

Do you need to purchase the band’s album before you attend the concert or do you go to concerts to discover new music?
If I pay alot I know them well, if it's free or cheap maybe

Do you read or listen to reviews of the band’s albums or their concerts before attending their show? If so, what sources do you use (ie newspaper, online blogs, radio etc) and do they influence your decision to attend the concert? I feel like you've asked this already but worded it differently.

Do you ever visit the official websites of bands that you like? Do you visit other websites about bands that you like (ie fan-created websites) or general music websites? Which websites and what kind of content do you look for? Well duh.

Describe a good concert experience that you have had?
Seeing Jeff Tweedy from Wilco being attacked by some gnats on stage over the summer.

Describe a bad concert experience?
Nothing too bad other than the bands being horrible.

I'm still not seeing what this has to do with pop music.
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote