Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitar or Drums?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Koala
Groupie

Default Guitar or Drums?

In August, I got myself a guitar. At the time, I really, REALLY wanted to learn the guitar. It's been about a month now. About a week after I got the guitar, I started thinking about the drums as well and how enjoyable it would be to play them.

So, anyway, a month went by, and I've been learning the guitar. I'm not very good at it (as expected.) However, I also found myself quickly losing interest in it. Right now, the only thing keeping me going is the fact that, once I get good, that interest will spark up again.

So, today, I was at my cousin's house. He had an old, unused guitar set in the basement. Started playing it. Enjoyed it. Really enjoyed it. Pretty much thought that that was what I wanted to play. Then, I remembered guitar. Now I'm not sure on which to choose.

Which instrument is harder to learn? Which instrument is more fun (in your opinion)? Does the guitar get much more enjoyable once you get better at it? Which should I choose? Any information at all that you could include would be great.

Thanks.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote