Music Banter - View Single Post - Uk Grime
Thread: Uk Grime
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
Ok, just listened to the compilation on page 2.
Some good stuff there...A bit hit and miss, but definitely getting along much better. Goota love that bass.
Loved Badman Ting, Mayhem Freestyle & Rude Kid.
Some tracks didn't do much for me. Would be better if i could find some of those lyrics somewhere. Google just gives random results.
Feedback is much appreciated Demonoid; I'm glad you are at least not repulsed by the genre any more It really is an acquired taste it seems... but excluding the blogposts I pasted further up the thread I've never seen grime lyrics reproduced online; you just kind of pick up the accents the more you listen (I've been following it for about a year and a half). I think because 90% of the core fanbase are Londoners it's never been called for

I still hardly understand any of the yardie/Jamaican-style MC's (Riko, Flow Dan, Badness, Killa P) and you mentioned the Griminal track - he's 17 and like pure old school aggression, bare hype but difficult to hear sometimes :p
If there were more than two people interested and I was sufficiently bored I might attempt a couple of transcriptions lol

Any questions lyrical or whatever please ask here or PM, grime is one of many genres I want to see more support for on MB

Anyway I really recommend this, UKG as it was meant to be heard (on pirate radio), this site collates taped radio sets from 2000ish - 2004. Supposedly the golden era.

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote