Music Banter - View Single Post - Gangster Vs. Underground
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaraki Kenpachi View Post
So then what makes them underground.

Being poor?

It just seems like if one is an underground artist they just arent working hard enough to be known. Isnt it part of the American dream to not settle for low levels of succes. In a way arent underground rappers just part of the problem?

I mean if their message is so profound why arent they working harder to make sure everyone is enlightened by their outlook?

It seems to me underground = lack of grind.

I say all that purely for an answer on what makes someone underground, sorry If I've offended.
I think it's a thing about greed and selling out, like you see with a lot of gangster (usually named mainstream) rap, ie: Collipark Music rappers, Boosie, and people who put out dance tracks (the new craze). Underground is just being different, really, like any genre's underground sound. They've all got it.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote