Music Banter - View Single Post - Funeral Doom
Thread: Funeral Doom
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obombration
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
I'd disagree. Funeral doom has variation and Mourning Beloveth are at the "faster" end, but I (and most of the educated metal community) would plant them firmly in the fd camp. And especially for MB, the death-doom aspects are close enough to fd that it's essentially the same thing.

And yeah Catacombs are great. Never really got into Skepticism as much. I tried Stormcrowfleet and didn't like it much. I'm gonna dig it out and try again though.
Really? Well...my uneducated ass just checked metal-archives and last.fm (not that i need to check,i'm a doom fanatic), both have MB as death doom.

You've got it the wrong way around. MB are death doom, with the occasional funeral doomesque passage. Listen to Ahab or Skepticism...that is proper funeral doom, and it is distinctly different from Mourning Beloveth. In fact i can't ever remember anyone saying MB are funeral.

If you think MB are funeral just because of the slow tempo, then so were Morgion...which is just wrong.