Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #558 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Earth—The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
For anyone who is not familiar with these guys, they started off as drone band back in the early 90s but more recently have started making more melodic music, albeit extremely slow, minimalistic melodic music. What I really enjoy about this album is how well it works as almost a continuation of their last proper studio album Hex. That album began with sparse notes hanging over what sounded like a barren, wind-swept landscapes and slowly, over the course of the album, worked it's way up to greener pastures with slightly more complicated arrangements and melodies and slightly faster tempos. This album starts where that album left off and continues to get greener and more complex as the album moves along, the second to last song even flirts the slightest bit with jazz. It really is a fantastic album, like it's predecessor was, and if you are a patient music listener who does not mind slow tempos and instrumental music I'd highly recommend checking this album out.

Sounds like my sort of thing. You should checkout Stars Of The Lid. They will be right up your street.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote