Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #1154 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Their politics annoy me and I get where you are coming from with a polished sound but to be fair they sound exactly the same live and are a musically talented band.
To be fair, their albums have very few overdubs and are well produced. Not all rock music can be dirty or underproduced. On the other hand I could see that their whole ethos has a whiff of pre manufacture about it.
Rage was the first band that I ever really noticed how well produced they were... the political BS aside, their overall sound was very unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I'm not saying I want those things in all albums , just in albums of this sort. I just think making clean sounding radio friendly big budget protest music contradicts itself. With metal it's different I think a metal band with good production does wonders because the music is the primary focus , not the message.
one can also argue they were trying to reach that other audience that was more attracted to the higher end production, who will then listen to what they had to say... making it more of a tactic then a contradiction.