Music Banter - View Single Post - Thanks, MusicBanter
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Thanks, MusicBanter

I’m sure it will piss some people off that I would say such things, but I wanted to say that I don’t think the forums have been this enjoyable in some time. We’ve lost quite a bit of the uni-minded conventional wisdom that said we could never speak favorably about bands, we’ve really moved into other parts of the forums (media comes to mind) and are less inclined to create things like “arcade” to stop idiot posters. We lose a lot less members now as well. Time and lives still play a part for these guys, but people are of the mind set now that you can come once in awhile and not be considered a “former poster” (Adidasss likely set this precedent).

All in all I think these forums have come a long way since I arrived on its shores, and it was never that bad prior, but it’s the small things that count, and in this regard we’ve really cleaned up everything. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for making this forum an enjoyable place to be. Not just the mod’s and the regulars, but also those posters who lead by example; posting in threads they generally want to post in, staying out of ones they don’t care about or don’t like. From a guy who’s had enough of these boards on two separate occasions, thanks for making my curious interest in coming back warranted.