Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is Everyone's Personal Top 4 Albums?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #65 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I mean, if you seriously enjoy those, that's great (I personally love Animals) and I totally endorse that. It just seems that people LIKE certain albums just to be part of a social scene. My roommate (and bandmate...gawd) jerk off in my face about Aeroplane, which frankly I think is a load of crap. Whether or not you're trying to assimilate other people's opinions is your business, but those choices make it look as such. So, even if you're not a hipster, it still looks it.

You get my drift?
well outside of music banter, i take quite a bit of criticism for my opinions... most of my friends are metal heads or people who dismiss anything that's not classic rock as crap. If i wanted to fit in with the social groups that i come in contact with then i'd be hailing zeppelin as the greatest thing to ever grace this earth. My last concern on this board is what people think of me or what they lable me as... i came to this board to further my knowledge of music, not to try and look "cool" to people that have no bearing on my life. so if enjoying those albums makes me look like a "hipster," i really don't care

dac is offline   Reply With Quote