Music Banter - View Single Post - Jackhammer's Horror Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
the most obscure horror film I've seen and indeed the only Italian one is Dario Argento's Suspiria, so you're talking to an ignorant n00b here. Any suggestions on what to follow up with?

I only managed to find a couple of l'Aldila clips on the 'tube... Honestly I find it difficult to get over the 'acting' in most of these films but something still appeals... Would you say these films were largely responsible of the look/feel of 'Evil Dead'?
Suspiria may well make an appearence . The thing is with Italian films, they were made for Italian audiences and usually used Italian actors so the dubbing is not great. Watching clips on youtube will not give you the full idea of what The Beyond is about. It has been said that it is a film about Catholicism and the truly stunning ending partially back this theory up.

If you are to buy it, do not get the U.K DVD. It is pan and scan and has a terrible print. I have the region one Anchor Bay release (only 20,000 copies released) and is a great little set.Amazon.com: The Beyond (Limited Edition Tin): Al Cliver, Laura De Marchi, Giovanni De Nava, Roberto Dell'Acqua, Anthony Flees, Gilberto Galimberti, Veronica Lazar, Catriona MacColl, Maria Pia Marsala, Michele Mirabella, Cinzia Monreale, Gianpaolo Sac

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote