Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool/A Perfect Circle
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #373 (permalink)
Feepoc
Groupie

As a huge fan of tool i can say that you are entitled to your opinion sleepy jack. However, i do not know where you get off thinking he has "midgets" helping him do his fills. I do not understand. He is who he is by this little magic word called dedication, hard work, and ****ing practicing his ass off! I would know the kind of hard work it takes because i too am i drummer/percussionist. I have seen Tool live several times and i am proud to tell you that no, Danny Carey does not suck. He has blistering fills, grace notes that would pucker your *******, use of rudimentary feels to everything that he plays, and above all even putting him in the same category or the same sentence for that matter is just insulting. I think Ringo Starr is one of the worst drummers of all time to pick up a pair of drumsticks. Danny Carey makes the band that is Tool. I do admit that a lot of their guitar riffs and guitar breaks are a lot of the same in most songs, that i do admit. But to sit back and say that Danny Carey, one of my most influential drummers of all time blows, then of course i am going to have to strongly disagree with you. But, you are entitled to your opinion. However, millions of fans would have to disagree with you.
Feepoc is offline   Reply With Quote