Music Banter - View Single Post - The 60's Psych Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

BUMP. I am looking for any enthusiasts of psychedelia, garage, baroque/chamber pop (preferably with a psych twist), late 60's hard rock (Blue Cheer, the power trios), proto-prog from all around the world and anything I have forgotten to contribute to this thread.

There are a monumental amount of lost gems out on the blogosphere that I and my friends are unearthing all the time, and I'm a bit overwhelmed to get them all up here, rated and linked (in the case of the really rare ones).

Basically any fans of this music get posting (Lucifer_Sam, Zombeels to name but two) and I think we can really awaken this forum to some top music.
I am about to become somewhat busier than I have been so it's your passion for the music that will keep this thread from sinking. I have recently been going bat-**** crazy for the Complete Recordings of Left Banke - America's answer to the chamber pop and classical-influenced arrangements of the Zombies and that other ****ty band that begins with 'B'.

Here they are, I shall get a short-but snappy review up in a couple of days:

Also there are some classics that haven't been touched: Fifth Dimension, Younger Than Yesterday, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery, Ogden's Nut-Gone Flake, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Surrealistic Pillow, LOVE, Anthem of the Sun, 13th Floor Elevators, United States of America... there's tons of experimental but fiercely anti-psych music from the era such a Frank Zappa's 60's output (come on, how many people must have blazed to that album) that I think ought to be covered.

If anybody is interested either PM me or just get posting with the album you love - please include the artwork! It looks nicer.

In the meantime go back and check some of the albums already featured, I think they all still have working links.

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote