Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #181 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
For a system that can use the Gamecube controller, if programing games to use the wiimote is too complicated for some developers than that's fine, they're not required to. Hell even the wiimote itself can be played just like a classic controller.

And yeah, I know all too well that NES and SNES have sh*tty games, no console is perfect, but those kinda games were made by less than reputable developers, like LJN or Fox Interactive.

I'm talking about well respected video game developers, all I'm asking for the Wii is a better than average Konami and Square Enix game, is that too much to ask?

Capcom can do it. And I mean holy f*ck, even Sega has a new Wii game that a lot of people are getting exciting about, Madworld, weither or not it lives up to the hype I dunno, but it certainly looks very ambitious. Surely Konami or Square Enix could do SOMETHING. They can invest more time in the Wii, if they can do it for the PS3, which is technically much more difficult to program for.
you're still ignoring the power and influence the publishers have over the developers. madworld has great potential, but the only reason it's getting as much attention as it is right now is due to it's unique art style.

you're also missing my point in regards to the mechanics and design philosophy. it's not a matter of the complexity of writing code it's a matter of changing the way you perceive playing the game prior to even drawing up the first flowchart. it's also one of the main reasons so many wii games have waggle controls that really don't do anything besides make you look like you're rubbing one out (especially in party game events). it's one thing to conceptualize it, it's another to implement it to properly emulate the concept, see red steel for the perfect example.

do you really think that releasing a new game for the wii that uses the gamecube controller as its primary input won't have people freaking out and calling it a leftover from the GC days?

i'll say it again, the wii's greatest strength is also it's greatest weakness. couple that with the announcement of a new version of the machine in the next 2 years and i doubt many 3rd party developers will be willing to invest much into improving their positions with the current hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote