Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #1243 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

10 : Politicians Who Use Music To Show How 'Down With the Kids' They Are

Apparently a young David Cameron's favourite band ever was The Smiths. I know this because he keeps on going on about it all the time , so much so he decided to visit the Salford Lads Club , as seen on the inside cover of The Queen Is dead. And many LOLS were had when the local Labour party showed up and protested about his visit and stopped him getting a publicity shot outside the building.
I'm sure i'm not the only one who wonders why , if he was indeed such a fan of the band that meant so much to him why on earth he would become a Thatcherite and join the Tory party. Somehow I get the impression he may have slighty missed the point somewhere.

Apparently he also loves The Killers and regually plays them on his IPod.

Cunt.

As for Blair much was made of him being in a band in his younger days. Looking at that picture all I can assume where that this band were some godawful prog rock tribute band who probably played Genesis covers.
ROCK N ROLL eh Tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Tony Blair claimed he learned to play a Foo Fighters song on the guitar, as a sign of mutual respect Dave Grohl learned to detain and deport terror suspects with no legal justification."
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote